National Airports Corporation (NAC) is a provider of safe, secure, environmentally friendly, affordable and efficient civil aviation airport services. Safety is one of our core business function and we are committed to providing a high level of safety performance within the civil aviation industry that we serve.
NAC’s policy is to meet and wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory obligations to satisfy Government expectation, our customers and other interested parties and users by providing consistently high quality and cost effective civil aviation services in a safe operating environment.
NAC’s policy is achieved by our commitment to:
- Regard safety as the most critical element throughout the entire organization and to provide and manage appropriate resources to achieve an organization culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and allows smooth interface with other management systems;
- Clearly define roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for each employee of NAC for the delivery of our services to enhance our safety performance and the performance of our safety management system;
- Establish and operate effective hazard identification and risk management processes, including a just culture reporting system, to eliminate, correct, minimize, mitigate and manage the safety hazards and risks;
- Adopt best safety practices and standards in order to comply to statutory obligations, international standards and PNG Civil Aviation rules;
- Ensure that facilities and systems employed by NAC to provide services and support our operations meets relevant safety performance standards;
- Continually improve our safety performance through management processes that ensure that relevant and effective safety actions are taken; and
- Communicate our safety management policy, objectives and requirements throughout the entire organization.