Training & Development
HR Division is committed to ensuring that staff have the knowledge, skills and attitude required to operate, manage, and maintain the 22 National Airports. This means ensuring that all education and on-going personal and professional training and development engagements and opportunities are designed to meet both current and future learning requirements to support and achieve organization goals and objectives at an optimum. L&D Section of HR works with Subject Matter Experts and specialized aviation training providers to ensure that any training facilitated is also compliant to CASA rules and regulations and ICAO SARPs.
Leadership & Management Training Program
Management Programs that provide Management Skills and Techniques to Develop Higher Employee Engagement, Develop Competency Skills & Performance.
- Get better performance from employees.
- Manage teams successfully to meet objectives.
- Improve management & leadership abilities and facilitate change.
- Improve Management Skills and Communication Skills.
- Upgrading project management Skills and Strategic Planning.
- Improve Financial Planning and Administer Operations effectively.
Training in CAR Part 100 Certifications
This Training provides implementation of all Safety and Quality Management Systems Training as compliance requirement for CAR Part 100 across all airports and business units as approved under NAC 2022 Annual Training Plan. This Training and awareness program is mandatory to ensure NAC as the Organizational Certificate Holder establish a safety management system to systematically manage safety through continuous process of Hazard identification and risk management as requirement of Certificate Holder of CAR Part 139 and CAR Part 140.
- Applying Safety Management Systems
- Quality Management Systems
- Safety Compliance to Airside Operations
- Safety and Incident Investigations
- Aerodrome Certification
- Audit Skills on Safety
- Fire Safety Inspection
- Integrated Safety Management Systems
- Operational Risk Management
- Aviation Human Factors
- Environment & Wildlife Conservation
- First Aid
- Occupational Health and Safety
Training in CAR Part 139 Certifications
Providing Certification Training Programs in Aerodrome and Operations with Emergency Training Plan and Fire and Rescue Management, Hazard Management and Aviation Security Programme Awareness.
All Aerodrome Operations and Compliance Training under CAR Part 139 provides the regulatory requirements relating to;
- The certification and operation of aerodromes
- The security measures applicable to aerodromes
- The implementation of safety management systems
- The use of aerodromes by aircraft operators
Training in CAR Part 140 Certifications
Training in Aviation Security, Emergency Response and Communication Systems. Implementation of all Aviation Security Operations and Compliance Training as compliance requirement for CAR Part 140 across all airports and business units as approved under the NAC 2022 Annual Training Plan.
The certificate holder under CAR Part 140 is responsible directly to ensure all aviation security training are conducted to;
- Comply to all certification required under the Aviation Security Systems
- Civil Aviation Rules and Regulations
- Comply to Aviation Operational Standards
Provide Training in Safety Management Systems, Airport Business Operations and Safety methods.
The Certificate Holder under ACI Online TP is responsible directly to provide safety management and Emergency plan in Air Safety Operations.
- Comply to all Safety Management Systems
- Airline Safety and Emergency procedures
- Managing Airside Safety Operations
This is an ongoing program for Job Training and developing NAC Graduate Trainees straight out of universities as it is approved under the NAC 2021 Annual Training Plan.
A strategic drive to develop the future workforce and to improve on staff manpower and addressing the aging number of staffs in the Organization. It also contributes to the Succession Planning for the Business and achieving the Vision and Mission of NAC.
Training and Development Activities involved the following;
- Inhouse Training
- Attachment at airport projects sites/li>
- External Training & Workshops
- Online training through Airport Council International (AC) online learning platform.
Apprenticeship and Trade Testing program is a strategic drive to develop future trades and technical specialist workforce to address aging and skills shortage. The Training program will be centered on specific and generic trades and technical training courses and the Trade Testing will be for Trades that supports the technical operations of NAC Operations.
Training and Development Activities involved the following;
- Technical Training
- In-house Trades Training/li>
- External Trades Training
- Trades Licensing & Certifications
- Trade testing at recognized National Apprenticeship and Trade Testing Board Trade Test Centre
The Technical & Maintenance Training Program requires implementation of the Technical and Maintenance Training Program to support technical capacity and capability across all airports and technical business units as approved under the NAC 2021 Annual Training Plan.
As the Certificate Holder of CAR Part 100, CAR Part 139 and CAR Part 140, there are technical, mechanical, electrical/electronic and civil engineering operational standards.
The Operational Standards that require technical, Maintenance and Operational Training include;
- Runaway End Safety Areas
- Aerodrome Design
- Rescue and Fire Fighting Vehicles
- Ground Vehicles
- Aerodrome and Airport Security Facilities & Equipment
- Obstacle Restriction and Removal
- Visual Aids for Navigation
- Electrical and ICT Systems and Technologies
This Training Program requires the implementation of the Generic and Soft Skills Training Program to support professional and administrative capacity and capability development across all airports and business units as approved under the NAC 2021 Annual Training Plan.
As the Certificate Holder for CAR Part 100, CAR Part 139 and CAR Part 140, there are professional and administrative compliance requirements that will require responsible staff to be able to administer and conduct appropriate actions in order to action required task daily, weekly and monthly including provide oversight and report daily on the safety, security and operational requirements of the airports, aerodrome and terminal facilities.
OHS Training Programs are mandatory to ensure NAC as the Organizational Certificate holder establish a safety management system to systematically manage safety through continuous process of hazard identification and risk management also as requirement of Certificate Holder of CAR Part 139 and CAR Part 140.
The OHS training programs includes;
- Safety Awareness Training
- Emergency Awareness and Evacuation Plan
- General Health & Hygiene Awareness & Training
- Fire Safety Awareness & Training
- Basic First Aid Awareness (Refresher & Initial)
NAC as an Associate Member to the ICAO TRAINAIRPLUS Program and is able to facilitate and host ICAO developed courses in PNG in areas of:
- Air Navigation Services
- Air Transport
- Aviation Law
- Aviation Management
- Flight Safety and Safety Management
- Training Competency Development